Punapods™ is on a mission to design and engineer affordable, beautiful & functional dwellings that enhance living and don’t require skilled labour to assemble. A Punapod can be quickly built on any residential lot and is a high quality asset that increases the property value.
Models range in size from 120-3000 sq.ft. with canted walls that double the living space. Our unique interlocking SIPrail system is incredibly easy to assemble allowing for construction in hours, not months.
Carefully designed exterior and interior detail maximize the sense of space, beauty, and functionality. This provides a place for family, rental, studio, office, or just extra storage. It’s a living space that simpliflies your life, and allows you to recharge.
The name is derived from Puna; a Hawaiian word, short for Kupuna (Grandmother or elder person), spring of water, or an attractive dwelling / retreat. And Pod; the vessel that holds seeds, or a type of construction designed in assorted colors, structures, materials, mechanisms, shapes, sizes, and structure.
Punapods offers kits that allow you to customize to meet your needs and make it your own. Kits come with flooring, plumbing, water heater, whole house electrical with electrical panel, breakers, 30-amp, indoor light and outdoor light basics. Ready to install.
Taking just a 10’ X 12’ footprint, the Classic fits into most backyards. The Classic offers 8’ ceilings that soar to 14’ at the highest side. With seven windows and glass front door, offers plenty of light.
Punapods™ Classic +
With a 240 sq. ft. floor, you get 40% more volume, The Classic + offers 10’ ceilings that soar to 16’ at the highest side. With 10 windows and glass door, offers plenty of light.
Make it Your Own
Punapods feature a wealth of unique interior and exterior finishes, with a variety of customizable options to allow for on-grid and off-grid living.
A variety of kits are available, including:
- Kitchen Kit: A fully-fitted kitchen, including a combo microwave/convection oven, combo washer/dryer, mini refrigerator and double induction cooktop.
- Bath Kit: A mini luxury bathroom including shower & commode, glass interior walls, shower-pan, starboard walls, and lid.
- Loft Kit: A second floor with ladder stairs, flooring, and storage cabinet.
- Booth Kit: High low table for convertible bed, and storage.
- All with options for HVAC & solar power for on or off-grid.
It all in the SIPrails™
We developed the SIPrails building system that allows for any style home and provides our trademark canted walls that double living space. SIPrails allow for on-site assembly with minimal skill, cutting building time and expense.
The SIPrailsTM system ensures consistent, highest quality construction whether you Do it Yourself (DIY) or hire a contractor. Our innovative SIPrails™ Building System offers:
- Structural Insulated Panels with interconnecting extruded Aluminum rails
- Super strong – Delivers 6 times the strength of traditional framing
- Easy to Build – Assembly in Hours, not Months
- Ships Flat Packed – Windows, doors and wiring installed.
- No Cutting or Nailing – Walls, ceilings and floors slide and lock together
- R-30 Insulated walls – Double glazed windows and doors
- High 14’ & 16” Ceilings and Canted Walls – double the living space
- Permanent or portable – May be dissembled and moved
Why Buy the ILO?
Our team has decades of experience designing and constructing traditional and prefab homes both on-grid and off-grid in every terrain. We have developed an expert understanding of the many challenges of construction including consistent quality control, schedule, and uncertain costs.
We are committed to quality, innovation, design and engineering excellence to offer a fresh attractive dwelling, studio, office, or get-away. The innovative SIPrails™ system is trademarked, which sets us apart from other flat-pack easy-to-install structures.
Punapods™ is taking part in an ILO to accelerate production, and bring our models to market. For just $6.39 per license, you can participate in our growth and get rewarded as we make sales.
We want to ensure our customers have excellent quality homes with the flexibility to live the way they want, and to add an enduring asset to their property. Our engineers and designers are relentless in their efforts to offer homes that are truly transformative.
Future plans include Punapods Villages™, where we work to build villages of 36 homes or more to build affordable housing near employment, shopping, agriculture and industry.